This Pazo, like all Galician pazos, bears the noble coat of arms of the family that managed it, and its entire history is documented in the archives of the city of Lugo. It is completely surrounded by a high stone wall that provides it with total privacy.
The building consists of 900m2 divided into 3 floors. It has 10 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Currently, it is undergoing restoration.
The Pazo has a fully restored chapel, and the estate covers 22 hectares (approximately 22,150.5m2). It is planted with various fruit trees such as apple, pear, fig, kiwi, plum, peach, as well as other trees like walnut, chestnut, poplar, oak, and more.
Within the estate, there are 12 hectares that were previously vineyards and now host a fully operational vineyard. Recently, another vineyard has been planted with wines from Ribeira Sacra and both hold the "Ribeira Sacra" designation. The possibility of recovering the 12 hectares in the future exists.
Apart from the springs, there is one that feeds a large pond.
The Pazo is located 10km from Monforte, 27km from Ourense, and 85km from Lugo. The Winter Camino de Santiago (Ruta Jacobea de invierno) passes through its location.
The history of this Pazo is extensive:
The first documented mention dates back to the year 1376, in a document attesting that the abbess of Ferreirios granted the noble title and the estates to the children of Alfonso Pérez de Goián, establishing the heritage of Goíán. Throughout the years, the Pazo has always been linked to noble lineages associated with politics and culture.
At one point, the Pazo belonged to the Duke of Sagro, which connected it closely to the Somoza family. In 1500, the owner was Cristóbal Somoza, and in 1548, José Somoza y Sangro. In 1748, the owner was José Benito Montenegro. The visible buildings today mainly date back to the 18th century, and no remains of the medieval tower remain.
* Publication for information purposes only, not binding or contractual. May contain errors or be subject to change.
Property ID :
Built Area :