This property is part of the Ferreira de Panton Town Hall building, Lugo, in the centre of the town. In fact, its main façade was originally what today is the façade of the Town Hall or Concello. It is an impressive two-storey stone manor house. It has an area of approximately 650 m2. At the back of the house there is a large plot of land of 5,000 m2. It has a large orchard, and a magnificent vineyard. It is not by chance that we are in the Ribeira Sacra, famous for its excellent wines. But also fruit trees and several buildings. And topoin out, an old shed converted into a magnificent stone building of 200 m2. It could be transformed into an excellent restaurant.
This historical manor house in Panton is part of the same building as the Town Hall of Ferreira de Panton Lugo, it is in the centre of the town. In fact, its main façade was originally what today is the façade of the Town Hall or Concello.
And in Ferreira de Panton you can find the Casa do castro, which is the name of this building. It has an interesting history. It was built in the 18th century, when the municipality of Panton was a tiny village. It was an ancestral house of great proportions and, little by little, the village of Ferreira de Panton grew around it.
We are in the heart of the Ribeira Sacra, probably the fastest growing region in Galicia. Ferreira de Panton's location provides it with a high influx of visitors throughout the year. Monforte de Lemos is 13 km away and Chantada, the capital of the Ribeira Sacra, is 28 km away. Lugo, city, is 75 km away.
The location of the housing, in terms of services, is privileged. The Health Centre and the municipal library are in the same building. And short distance from everything else.
It is an impressive two-storey stone manor house. It has an area of approximately 650 m2. Stone in the walls and columns, wood in beams and most of the floors, and tiles in the renovated roof, are the construction materials.
The main entrance to the house is a large doorway that gives access to a beautiful patio. In it, some stairs give direct access to the upper floor. The current distribution is "a la ancienne". It preserves the remains of a chapel from 1795, integrated in the building. It does not need any great reform, but it could be reorganized in a more rational way. Especially if you want to transform it into a tourist business, for example. For this purpose, it has plenty of capacity and a lot of charm.
But also fruit trees and several buildings. An old shed converted into a magnificent stone building of 200 m2. It could be transformed into a magnificent restaurant... There is also a henhouse, a laundry, a bread oven, a large well and a "water mine", a spring dug out of the ground. In addition, there is a garage with capacity for at least two vehicles.
The Casa do Castro experienced its greatest splendour during the life of Don José Francisco Eleuterio Miguel, known as Don José Gayoso, born in 1724. Three hundred years later, it is still a magnificent building that could be used for any activity, being housing or business, that its new owners have in mind.
* Publication for information purposes only, not binding or contractual. May contain errors or be subject to change.
Property ID :
Built Area :